The Cornerstone Café operates out of the revitalized Cornerstone Building in the heart of the Victoria neighbourhood Fernwood. The Café has a geothermal system that draws renewable energy from the ground. It provides 70% of the building's heat and hot water, lowering the café's operating costs.
The Café is pursuing zero waste in their operations, including regular composting and full recycling, including special plastics. All of the Café's revenue is reinvested into the neighbourhood through Fernwood NRG's programs and services.
Visit the Cornerstone Café to hang out, meet your Fernwood neighbours, listen to live music, and access neighbourhood resources and information. Plus, there's free internet.
- The Café sells coffee, pastries, paninis and more.
- Wednesday evening is bluegrass night at the café, and Friday evenings are open-mic nights.
- Stay connected with free Wifi and a large community bulletin board.
- Weekdays: 6:30am to 10:00pm
- Saturdays: 8:00am to 10:00pm
- Sundays: 8:00am to 8:00pm
- This site is wheelchair accessible: Accessible ramps, rails, elevators and other facilities provided for people with disabilities.
- The Fernwood Neighbourhood Resource Group (NRG)
- The Cornerstone Project Profile (Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation)